Security Incidents mailing list archives

Take note of products that don't "advertise" they have MSDE/SQL i ntegration.

From: "Shaw, Kevin" <kevin.shaw () mail va gov>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:05:03 -0500

We noticed some instances where medical and photography equipment has MSDE
as part of the storage or image-forwarding software that comes with the
device; so it is not widely advertised that it uses it at all.  I also have
acquaintances that work for pharmaceutical manufacturers and they
encountered some process automation tools and other devices - like post Y2K
stuff - that had this in place.  I'm not making an official statement at
all; but I thought I'd put a warning out to the community.  You can probably
find the FedCIRC or VA-CIRC bulletins that identify anything they (we)
specifically know about.

Kevin Shaw
Security Analyst 1
VA Security Operations Center