Security Incidents mailing list archives

New Article: U.S. Information Security Law, Part 2

From: Dan Hanson <dhanson () securityfocus com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:25:24 -0700 (MST)

Hi there,

A while back there was a thread regarding a new law being implemented in
California, and while no resolution was established on the original
question, it served as a good reminder that the law often weaves it's way
through the work that we do and the standards we are required to meet.
This is the second article in a series looking at Information Security Law
in the jurisdiction of the United States.

Enjoy

Daniel

U.S. Information Security Law, Part 2
By Steven Robinson

This is the second part of a four-part series looking at U.S. information
security laws and the way those laws affect security professionals. In
this installment, we will look at the legal framework for security of an
enterprise's working environment from the perspective of information
security professionals, with particular emphasis on the protection of
communications.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1681

Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents