Security Incidents mailing list archives

New SecurityFocus article: Specter: A Commercial Honeypot Solution for Windows

From: Dan Hanson <dhanson () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:37:17 -0600 (MDT)

Specter: A Commercial Honeypot Solution for Windows

By Lance Spitzner

This is the third installment in an ongoing series of articles looking at
honeypots. In the first two papers, we discussed the OpenSource honeypot
Honeyd, how it works, and a deployment in the wild. In this paper we will
look at a different honeypot, the commercially supported solution,
Specter.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1683

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents2
Download your free fully functional
trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.