Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: New CodeRed strain?

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 25 Apr 2003 14:23:57 -0500

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 13:55, Frank Knobbe wrote:
we've been picking up some oddities since yesterday which look like a
new CodeRed variant. Traditional signatures didn't identify it as such,
but looking at the payload, it appears to be a CodeRed'ish type of bug.
We're starting a trap for a complete session now. (So far have only
isolated packets).

List admin. Please don't send the email to the list. It appears that we
need more info. This could be classic CodeRed. Please hold for now.

Thanks,
Frank (Sorry to have jumped the gun)