Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Huge Autoexec.bat

From: "Chris Norris" <cnorris () continental-microwave co uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:27:07 +0100

I think rather than a sign of something sinister this sounds fairly simple.
For example, corrupted and crosslinked files. You say it contained old
emails, well maybe this PC was used as a workstation and was upgraded with
NT4 server but somehow the corrupted files were crosslinked and ended up in
autoexec.bat
I use to see this with DOS based PCs.

Chris Norris