Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: slapper worm varient "cinik"

From: "Anton A. Chuvakin" <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:38:30 -0400 (EDT)

James and all,

Apparently the intruder got rather upset I spoiled his fun and about 15
minutes after I shut him out, I was a victim of a udp-based DOS attack.
Actually, it wasn't an intruder; the UDP flood you are experiencing is a
consequence of a worm network design. Most likely the worm managed to join
the network before you shut it down and now its peers are trying to access
your machine.

For more info got to http://isc.incidents.org/analysis.html?id=169 and
http://isc.incidents.org/analysis.html?id=167

Best,