Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)

From: "James Williams" <jwilliams () mail wtamu edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:52:03 -0500

The only tool that I know of that almost does all of that is the MS Baseline
Security Analyzer. It's a gui tool that scans your system and tells you what
potential holes you have and tells you what patches you are missing. I have
had some problems with it as far as the patches go because it will tell me
that I'm missing updates that I know that I've already downloaded and
installed.

James Williams
Network Systems Technician
West Texas A&M University