Security Incidents mailing list archives

Linux Slapper Worm and Linksys

From: "James Williams" <jwilliams () mail wtamu edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:11:56 -0500

Has anybody heard of or seen the Slapper worm DoS a Linksys SOHO router out
of commission? A co-worker whose machine had been infected over the weekend
had his linksys router die over the same period that his box had been
infected with the worm. I know that Nimda had a similar affect on the Cisco
67x Series ADSL routers running a certain firmware revision and I was
wondering if the Slapper had a similar affect with the Linksys SOHO routers.

James Williams
Network Systems Technician
West Texas A&M University
http://www.wtamu.edu