Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Keep connecting to remote host on port 7869

From: Frank Cheong <fch () hktb com>
Date: 28 Oct 2002 01:37:10 -0000

After detailed investigation, I've found that it is really caused by PHP
debugger. All packet disappeared after I have turned off the debugging
feature of PHP. But what caused the PHP debugging to remotely sending
information out ? Is it a sign of hacker or actually there are some bugs
with the PHP programs ? Coz I am running squirrel mail on that mail server.