Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Ip spoof from 0.0.0.0

From: Olaf Schreck <chakl () syscall de>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:24:53 +0100

Jared,

I was hoping someone could tell me whether this is a misconfigured device
(perhaps) or is this activity I should be concerned with (and please keep

Nov  1 01:42:44 2U:10.1.1.1 Nov 01 2002 01:50:32: %PIX-2-106016: Deny IP
spoof from (0.0.0.0) to x.x.x.5

too bad these Pix logs don't show the attempted destination port.

We have seen similar things lately, TCP/445 slow scans from 0.0.0.0.
I'm not at work currently, sorry no tracefiles.  Looks like some sort
port 445 harvesting to me at first glance.

Definitely a red bulled on my watchlist.

ciao,
chakl