Security Incidents mailing list archives

New nimda variant?

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: 01 May 2002 12:58:31 +1200

Moderator:
        If you get this before posting my other message with the same subject
line then please consign both to the bit bucket otherwise please post
this retraction...

Further investigation reveals (what I should have realized immediately)
that this is an artifact of a new version of snort that I installed.

i.e. these are perfectly normal nimda being reported differently by the
new version of snort. Doh! and it isn't even Monday...

Apologies for the confusion.

Russell.