Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: DSL Modem or Router Cracked?

From: Robert Starliper <tim () starlipers com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:17:15 -0400

Aaron -

        I noticed in your original note, you mentioned the Linksys.  When I
first set up my Linksys cable/DSL router, I noticed it was sending out quite
a bit of SNMP trap traffic, it appeared to be a periodic update on the
unit's general health.  I seem to recall these packets being sent at a rate
of about 1 every 30 seconds or so.

Just my .02

Tim Starliper
LAN/WAN Consultant