Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Dial-Up Percentage Abuse

From: "Chris" <brahma () mendolink com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:53:39 -0700

Wow, that was more responses then I ever thought I was going to get.  Thank
you to every one that responded, I will most likely use some of your e-mails
in my presentation to my staff.  Just a note on one of the e-mails someone
replied with.  I don't have a problem with a customer choosing a secure
password, it's my customer support staff that is not enforcing the password
policy.  And they ask "why do they (the customer) need to pick those type of
passwords"  it's always why, why, why.  So I was hoping if I could get some
facts, which you all definitely supplied, to show my staff and get them to
realize the importance of a good password.  Security isn't at the for fronts
of every bodies minds unfortunately.  Thanks again!

Thank You,

Chris D.
Network Security
Mendo Link, LLC

"An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth  A Pound Of Cure."
Om Namo Narayanaya