Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: China Experience ?

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: 20 Jul 2002 10:04:49 +1200

On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 09:26, Bob DeRosier wrote:

I am looking for information about dealing with the authorities in China
with regard to attack attempts.  Does anyone know what the procedure is, who
to contact, what they do after they are contacted, any possible fallout from
such an action ?

Bob

here is an excert from recent mail from Dr Frank Lee of CNCERT

CNCERT also provides 3 mail boxes to receive complaints against
different incident types:
    security () cert org cn for network attack;
    anti-spam () cert org cn for spamming mails;
    abuse () cert org cn for network abuses like port-scan;
So you could forward the complaints to these mail boxes accordingly,
and we will try our best to help you.

CNCERT has just (or is about to) join FIRST and join with CERT/CC
AusCERT and many other national and corporate SIRTS.  I have spoken with
some members of the CNCERT team at the AusCERT and FIRST conferences and
they appear ready and willing to attack the problems of insecure systems
in China that are being abused.

Cheers, Russell

Russell Fulton, Computer Security Officer, THe University of Auckland,
New Zealand.