Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Rooted, .haos on system

From: zeno <bugtraq () cgisecurity net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:27:10 -0500 (EST)

Hey..
From what I can see you've been rooted by this "group" called hoax. They
probably just had some rootkit laying around. All very simple. But still you
need to take to take action, my guess is that those guys aren't pros. Run
chkrootkit (ftp://ftp.pangeia.com.br/pub/seg/pac/chkrootkit.tar.gz) for

A new version of this is coming out this month I'm told for anybody who cares.

- zeno () cgisecurity com

backdoors/infected binaries. and you really need to check your local
security. I don't know what your situation is like but I would've shut down
most of my services/users and start looking for backdoors/traces and such.
Feel free to send me those tarballs if you want, I could browse em through
quick.

// Mattias Hedenskog

I've just received word that one of our customers was rooted, and he's
asking about the file ".haos".  Nothing rings any bells, has anyone heard
of it?

- This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service.

--
irc:tsixla@efnet,irscnet
mail:tsixla () antisec net