Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Redhat 6.2 Honeypot Hacked

From: Stephen Holcroft <stephen_holcroft () hotmail com>
Date: 11 Apr 2002 06:38:47 -0000

I've had a number of requests to make the disk
images available, I will look into posting the disk
images of further exploits on the main site, in the
future:-

http://www.lucidic.net/

Thanks for all those that responded to my paper, I
have had many emails from Romanians offering to
translate the IRC bits.

Best Regards,

Steve

Stephen Holcroft wrote:

Hello,

My Redhat 6.2 server Honeypot was compromised
recently after just 26 minutes of being connected to
the internet, it was used as an IRC proxy for two
hours after being hacked.

could you provide the disk images like in the honeynet
project ? whilst
your analysis looks very good, I like to practice my
forensic skills ;o)

On the same subject does any one else know of any
disk images other than
those distributed by the honey net project ? I really
enjoyed looking
through /  analyzing them.