Security Incidents mailing list archives

pubdestroyer2001.exe via anonymous FTP?

From: Mike Shaw <mshaw () wwisp com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:41:45 -0500

I'm working with someone who had unwittingly left an anonymous ftp server available to the 'net with write access.

The good news: nice mp3 and Divx collection.
The bad news: In the root there was a file named pubdestroyer2001.exe that we had some trouble deleting. There were many spaces at the end of the file name. We were able to nix it by deleting the 8.3 file name.

Has anyone seen this before?  Anyone interested in a copy of the file?

Thanks
-Mike

For more information on this free incident handling, management and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com