Security Incidents mailing list archives

Nimda repair problems

From: "Steve Cody" <security () gulbrandsen com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:04:40 -0400

I have a few systems on my network that have become infected via the
web, and the spread of files.

I have Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition, and it detects the infected files
and quarantines them.  However, I guess the biggest problem I'm having
is with the Riched20.dll file.  That file is required to properly run
Outlook.  Does anyone know if the NAV is capable of repairing the file,
or must I find the version of that file that came with each installed
version of Office 97/2K/XP with various service packs and replace it
manually.

Thanks!
Steve Cody