Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re(2): Nimda Probes Stopped

From: Ken Eichman <keichman () cas org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:14:22 -0400 (EDT)

I second Stuart's observation. At our class-b we're getting many Nimda
probes. But it has dropped off here to roughly 60% of the peak activity
we recorded (which occurred here roughly around 13:00 EDT). Ken

We're still seeing several probes per second into a /17, though the rate is
noisy.  The probe rate is not going up any more - suggesting some degree of
saturation.  Are you sure someone upstream of you didn't apply some filter?

Stuart.