Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: "closed-port" backdoors

From: Joe Boyle <jboyle () PRIMARYKNOWLEDGE COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:11:35 -0500

In phrack magazine (issue 52), there is an article describing some techniques
to weaken linux using LKMs, including complete source.  One of the features of
the module is to overload the socket system call so that whenever a packet is
received using recvfrom(), the size of the packet is inspected.  if it matches
a magic size, a command is executed locally.

so, it isnt exactly what you asked for but I believe it could be readily
modified to do what you described.

http://phrack.infonexus.com/search.phtml?view&article=p52-18

joe