Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange port 23 traffic

From: Bill Royds <Bill_Royds () PCH GC CA>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:36:38 -0500

This is Conducent spyware posting user information to select its advertising.
It uses POST to describe the adware you are running and the particular user ID
of the machine. It then retrieves the ad that will be shown to the user.
   Conducent collects the demographics of its users to tailor the advertising to
user interest.

Costas Karafasoulis <karafas () MAIL ARIADNE-T GR> on 03/18/2001 03:49:37 PM

Please respond to Costas Karafasoulis <karafas () MAIL ARIADNE-T GR>