Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: SNMP Scans

From: John <johns () TAMPABAY RR COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:20:04 -0500

I can not remember how long I was seeing RPC scans
from this host and a few others on that net block.
Any attempts to contact anyone, failed. Good luck ;)

Chris Schuler wrote:

anyone else seeing port 111/rpc scans from this ip?
211.185.160.193
Ive seen at least two walks of my ip address space by this host.

Mar 13 09:45:08 211.185.160.193:4671 -> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:111 SYN ******S*
Mar 13 09:45:08 211.185.160.193:4670 -> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:111 SYN ******S*
Mar 13 09:45:08 211.185.160.193:4672 -> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:111 SYN ******S*

--
The events which transpired five thousand years ago;
Five years ago or five minutes ago, have determined

- Dr John Henrik Clake -