Security Incidents mailing list archives

followup on hacktivism example

From: Ruth Milner <rmilner () aoc nrao edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:23:59 -0600 (MDT)

It has been pointed out to me that the NATO bombing I referred
to yesterday was not in Greece; it was in Belgrade. The email
message that triggered the security events I described was sent
by Greek citizens in protest of the bombings. I humbly apologize
for my confusion.

The point remains: when the issue is an emotional one, logical
conclusions can't be counted on.

Ruth.
----
Ruth Milner                           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
Computing Security Manager,                                    Socorro, NM
Assistant to the Director for                             rmilner () nrao edu
  Data Management -                                           505-835-7282
Computing Acquisitions/Budgets/Contracts                  FAX 505-835-7027