Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Correction: Re: tcpdump traces of CodeRed (lab environment)

From: "L. Christopher Paul" <lcp () bofh sh>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:43:20 -0400 (EDT)

It appears than I was mistaken when I said earlier that I was wrong...

Poor testing methodology led me to the quoted conclusion and incorrect
results.

Most of you will have seen the CERT advisory by now indiciating that worm
wakes back up on the 1st.

Yup. Sure does. Seems the first time I ran it I had c:\notworm in
place. Basically ended up using a dirty petri dish and got bad results.

Sometime tonight I hope to have the wakeup trace up at
http://www.bofh.sh/CodeRed along with the others.

Sorry ... if anyone needs me I'll be the one standing in the corner,

--lcp