Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: HTTP connections

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:17:32 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Dean Cunningham wrote:

Looks like code red , but  not seeing the 3 hits per ip address, just one.
May be due to the different FW logs, I use Firewall-1.

I was getting three SYN packets per attempt.  For simple port-blocking
firewalls, they may log it as three entries.  Firewall-1 will treat it as
one "connection" attempt, and log it as a single item.

                                        Ryan

and tracking system please see:

http://aris.securityfocus.com