Security Incidents mailing list archives

Ramen

From: Matthew Roley <matt () babelmedia com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:11:15 -0000

Hi there,

I was wondering if you can help me (...please :)).  One of our RedHat 6.2
servers was hit this morning with Ramen.  I've cleaned it out using the
documented procedure but there's still a lingering problem which seems
related.  The hosts.allow and hosts.deny files on the server have been
completely locked and cannot be changed, removed, chmoded even with
superuser access.  This doesn't seem documented anywhere but I can't think
of any other cause (this problem did not occur before the infection).

Any help or advice you can give would be (very) greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt

Matthew Roley (Web Developer)
Babel Media Ltd.