Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: greeted by a file transfer

From: Keith Reid <Keith.Reid () INGRAMMICRO CA>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 17:53:42 -0500

Did your W2K system have terminal services installed on it?  The
additional copy of MMC that was running may have been running under a
terminal login.  Under TaskMan you can show the user that owns/spawned
the task.  For you'd then be able to see the logins being used for each
of the services.

You can also of course check the terminal services manager to see if
anyone is connected currently.