Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Anonymous FTP annoyance

From: "James" <jamesh () cybermesa com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 23:55:57 -0700

Also, now that I would like to clean this up, I find that I cannot
delete the folder "com1".  No ACL information is found in the properties
for the directory and it's not read-only.  Somehow the tool created a
"permanent" folder.

What can be done to clean this up?

You "might" be able to FTP in as administrator and delete it. The best way
is to get the POSTIX
utility rm.exe off the NT utilities disk. This will work. There are many
rm.exe's out on the net, I found the NT disk one was the only one that
worked for this situation.

Also, for those that may have ran into this before - has anything else
been found that should also be taken into consideration?

Unless you are doing file integrity checking you have no idea what changes
were made. Format.