Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Attacks against SSH?

From: johan.augustsson () adm gu se
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 08:01:04 +0100

Has anyone seen anything from this guy?
It would be interesting to know what version of BIND and SSH he was
running and if the logs showed anything at all.

If he was running the latest versions of BIND and OpenSSH that RedHat
has RPMs for and still got compromised I would like to know how that
happened.

Johan Augustsson                 Phone: +46 (0)31 773 1000
Incident Response Team           Fax: +46 (0)31 773 1087
Göteborg University              E-mail: Johan.Augustsson () adm gu se
Sweden

Renee Teunissen wrote:

I was running http/https (apache), smtp (postfix) and named. All with the
lastest versions. I saw several things in the logs which gave me the
impression it was sshd. I will send this to the list as soon as I'm home.

Renee.