Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: New version of SirCam?

From: hpierce () ned ara com
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:48:05 -0500

New worm= Goner

Take a look at www.sarc.com or vil.nai.com for descriptions.

It is a mass mailer.

Hugh Pierce

-----Original Message-----
From: Joao Gouveia [mailto:tharbad () kaotik org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 12:01 PM
To: incidents () securityfocus com
Subject: New version of SirCam?

Hi all,

I've been receiving a large quantity of a SirCam lookalike worm.
Looks like a new version of it.

text message:
"
How are you ?
When I saw this screen saver, I immediately thought about you
I am in a harry, I promise you will love it!"

Can anyone confirm this?

Best regards,

Joao Gouveia
tharbad () kaotik org