Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: FTP scans from wanadoo.fr - MOre info

From: "Replugge [Rod]" <replugge () alcoholico org>
Date: 18 Dec 2001 19:58:28 +0100

UFFF .. it seems like this people is looking for iis vulnerabilities all
over the internet.. this look like some mass defacement tools. I
remember a group called poizonb0x used some of those. at least now we
know what they where looking for...

i found some interesting stuff looking around.

"USER ftp" 331 -
"PASS mozilla@" 230 -
"SITE EXEC %020d|%.f%.f|" 500 -

Q: Have there been discovered any vulnerabilities affecting Microsoft's
FTP Services? (If not we probably got a new one).

that looks like some ftp vulnerability on IIS ... i downloaded some
statics made by other users:

Top 5:
  1: t-dialin.net          (302 attempts, 30 hosts)
  2: unresolved            (280 attempts)
  3: wanadoo.fr            (40 attempts, from 10 hosts)
  4: aol.com               (30 attempts, from 3 hosts)
  5: telia.com             (20 attempts from 1 host)

I believe this could be a mass defacement tool or perhaps we could be
talking about a worm that infects IIS boxes (i don't think so)... lots
of the people have been geting this scans since the beginning of
October.