Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: CodeRed-like FTP worm?

From: <hvdkooij () vanderkooij org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:11:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Ascent - Compton, Richard wrote:

I keep seeing attempted connections to ftp by various boxes in the same
subnets.  Could this be some sort of scan for vulnerable ftp servers?
Something like a CodeRed ftp worm?

Most likely one of the scanners looking for open FTP servers to store the
latest warez.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij () vanderkooij org         http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/