Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: A new Code Red variant

From: "jason" <jpotopa () qwest net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:36:18 -0700

correct me if I'm wrong, but the sadmind worm will infect solaris
sadmind, then look to infect iis.  the iis infection is just a
defacement and no propigation code is on the iis server.  If what
we're seeing is an infected iis box, scanning to infect someone else,
this would be new.

If I'm off my rocker, someone hit me.

Jason Potopa