Security Incidents mailing list archives

Current numbers - Code Red

From: Alfred Huger <ah () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:14:06 -0600 (MDT)

So far to date we have *confirmed* reports of 37,000 infected servers.
These are attacks from unique IP's which have been verified as actually
performing the attacks as identified by IDS's, web logs and firewall logs
(which contain enough data to be certain).

We are in the process of notifying against 170,000 IP's, the differance
(of the total sum) being hosts which were logged as possible offenders via
machanisms which are not 100% reliable.

Contribitors (sorry if I have forgotten you) to date are:

Tim Winders <twinders () SPC cc tx us>
Dave Laird <dlaird () kharma net>
Jonathan Rickman <jonathan () xcorps net>
"Salisko, Rick" <SaliskoR () ottawapolice ca>
Scott Wunsch <bugtraq () tracking wunsch org>
filid brandy <brandy () klammeraffe org>
B. <ouwerkerk92 () zonnet nl>
Tim Hollebeek <thollebeek () cigital com>
Wally Hass <wallyhass () hotmail com>
Scott <scottr () vdot net>
Jose Nazario
Jay D. Dyson <jdyson () treachery net>
Vern Paxon <vern () ee lbl gov>wru.edu>
Dave Salovesh <salovesh () ramassociates com>
Anthony Meehan <meehan () utulsa edu
Keith Pachulski <Keith.Pachulski () corp ptd net>
Manuel Durn Rodriguez" <manuel.duran () corp terralycos com>
Ford Prefect <huston () elvis rowan edu>
jbraga () igfinance com br
Ray Schneider <ray () tux org>
Dino Amato <slayer67 () apk net>
Ken Eichman <keichman () cas org>
Blake Frantz <blake () mc net>
Craig Davison <cd () securityfocus com>
Arjen De Landgraaf <arjen.de.landgraaf () cologic co nz>

VP Engineering
SecurityFocus.com
"Vae Victis"