Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: CR - inetinfo - tool to show number of processes

From: "Black, Braden" <BBlack () VSCat com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:11:19 -0400

Under NT4 I do not get the column with the number of threads. There one
has to use a seperate thread list window for each process. Since there
is no sum displayed it could be quite difficult to get the number of
running threads easily, if the base number of threads for inetinfo.exe
Under win2000 the summary column for the number of threads is also
missing and thus waht I wrote for winnt4 applies.

Actually, under NT/2k, you can display thread counts in task manager by
doing the following: go to the Processes tab, click on the "View" pull-down
menu, go to "Select Columns" and choose "Thread Count".  Now you'll see an
extra column in the processes tab displaying the number of threads in use
per process.

- Braden