Security Incidents mailing list archives

Code red variation sends Os instead of Ns - seems to be running at a higher rate

From: Fred Cohen <fc () all net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 19:20:19 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone seen the variaiton on Code Red that rund with Os instead of
Ns for the buffer overrun? On a single IP address I have been getting
more than one per 10 minutes - on another IP I am getting ine every 2
minutes - all from differnt IP addresses...

FC
--This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to serve--
Fred Cohen              Fred Cohen & Associates.........tel/fax:925-454-0171
fc () all net           The University of New Haven.....http://www.unhca.com/
http://all.net/         Sandia National Laboratories....tel:925-294-2087