Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: t0rn

From: Kevin Houle <kjh () CERT ORG>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:25:05 -0400

Mixter wrote:

There is a kiddy called torn which is currently attacking ircnet
and efnet servers (trying to take down oper channels) with new versions
of the DDoS agent, I expect this is a rootkit/DDoS distribution made by
him, the first I've seen so far. It seems that the rootkit is a variation
of a customized version of lrk5, that I've seen before already, on incidents,
I think. It looks like a fully featured rootkit, so expect replaced binaries,
booby traps, etc. on the system.