Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: AOL vs. Koreans

From: Jose Nazario <jose () BIOCSERVER BIOC CWRU EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:49:50 -0400

recently, i saw some unwanted activity from a korean netblock IP and
decided to follow up with a report. i prepended a note that if translation
was needed, i could get it done, and submitted my standard reply in
english. i didn't hear back, and decided to hit a friend up for a
translation into korean. let me tell you this took a while, he's not a
sysadmin so we had to work on phraseology. i sent in a report in korean to
the, after some hard work.

and have yet to hear back.

this was one netblock and ISP. but, it doesn't speak well for korean
followups. after all the work i had to go through, and drag someone else
through, not even an acknowlegement was received.

jose nazario                                    jose () biochemistry cwru edu
PGP fingerprint: 89 B0 81 DA 5B FD 7E 00  99 C3 B2 CD 48 A0 07 80
Public key available at http://biocserver.cwru.edu/~jose/pgp-key.asc