Security Incidents mailing list archives

Load balancing (was Re: your mail)

From: sthomas () EARTHLING NET
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:58:14 -0400

Seems like it's already available: ping.  All that'd be
needed is for the firewalls to respond to ping requests
for the clients they're protecting instead of dropping
the requests on the floor like they do now.  Then the
load balancer would get an RTT to the point where the
traffic entered the client's private network.  Un-firewalled systems would respond directly.

    - st