Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: port question

From: spiff <spiff () BWAY NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:17:44 -0400

Well going quite out on a limb here, apparently (according to nmap's port
listings) port 10023 is used by a daemon called 'rzstat', which is part of
a package called Zebra, (found @ cern:
http://wwwinfo.cern.ch/asdoc/zebra_html3/zebramain.html ) which provides
dynamic data structuring for high energy physics Fortran programs (I
think...). Given the domain of your email, I'm guessing (and I mean really
wildly guessing) that some future Nobel laureate has decided that you must
have one of these daemons running on it's assigned port, and so has
scanned you for it, if that's your meaning of 'suspicious activity
towards'...

Other than that, could be gremilns...

spiff