Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Interesting reply

From: "Forrester, Mike" <mforrester () HSACORP NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:18:26 -0600

Actually, we are in the process of evaluating several of the personal
firewall/IDS products for recommendation to our users.  If the product that
we like the most isn't free, we'll try working out some sort of discounted
price with the vendor.

There is also the legal area that needs to be thought through properly.  We
need to make sure our legal disclaimer cover our *ss properly.  I think
you'll see a trend towards ISP's offering discounted or free A/V and
firewall/IDS software.  I'm told some already do.

Mike