Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: MSRDP

From: "J. Oquendo" <intrusion () ENGINEER COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 22:18:14 -0500

"MSRPC" means Microsoft's preferred method of communicating control data in NT networks: DCE/RPC over Named Pipes over
SMB over NetBIOS.

Similarly, "MSRDP" means Microsoft's equally complicated way of sending screen images over a network, such as from
Microsoft Windows NT Terminal Server Edition. This protocol is a proprietary variant of T.SHARE (ITU T.128), over the
Multipoint Communications Service (MCS), over the ISO Data Transport Protocol, tunneled over TCP.

sil () antioffline com
sil () disgraced org