Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Sniffer files

From: bugtraq () NETWORKICE COM (Robert Graham)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:57:19 -0700

Cough, wheez, ack

My current favorite:
ftp://ethereal.zing.org/pub/ethereal/win32/
http://ethereal.zing.org/

It is not without its problems, but it's the most complete open source
protocol decoder available. Also, the "TCP stream window" is absolutely
cool, something that should be available in all decoders. It runs on Linux
and Windows, though on Windows is behaves a little strangely (because it's
essentially a port from Linux).

They've made a "decode-only" version for Windows available to decode those
pesky .enc files that BlackICE generates (i.e. you don't have to worry about
driver issues when installing).