Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: FW: PPark (was: Win 95 Question)

From: ifightspam () BIGFOOT COM (Aussie)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:12:38 +1100

Date sent:              Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:54:42 -0700
From:                   Brett Glass <brett () LARIAT ORG>
Subject:                Re: FW: PPark (was: Win 95 Question)

Turns out that it's so. There's a new, "unpacked" variant, and the
current McAfee patterns don't catch it! This is probably why we are
seeing a resurgence.

I received a copy from one of my clients last night...one that was also
sent to the other 100 or so people in her address book.....my Norton
sigs from 24 Feb picked it up, but hers from 7 Feb didn't. Seems like
everyone should be doing an update ASAP. An alert has been sent to
those poeple who received the virus from her and at least 2 have been
infected and subsequently disinfected.

David Mudford