Security Incidents mailing list archives

Firewall

From: damian () ITACTICS COM (Damian Gerow)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:31:44 -0500

I wrote in about a week ago concerning some UDP packets.  The problem's
been solved, thanks for all your help.

And I've got a new problem.  On another firewall, I noticed that the
whole HD (968 Meg) got eaten up really quickly.  So I deleted all
source, and all leftover debian packages (it's running potato), and
freed up something like 100 Meg.  Within the next 20 minutes, it was all
gone again.

A "du -c -h" reports 84 Meg total being used up.  A "df" reports 100
percent usage.

In the "bin" directory was an executable file called "[".

Would anyone know why?