Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: @home: Is *anyone* really home there???

From: woods () MOST WEIRD COM (Greg A. Woods)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:05:19 -0500

[ On Monday, February 28, 2000 at 17:29:50 (-0700), Wozz wrote: ]
Subject: Re: @home: Is *anyone* really home there???

Its not, and this is something we are working on.  I've even considering a
auto-respond that asks users to go to a web page and fill out a form to
register a complaint, as that way I can be assured I have the information I
need to act upon, and don't have to waste everyone's time with followup
emails.

I've been thinking about that too, but I'd want to avoid having it
abused too and I think I'd want the autoresponder to generate a secure
"key" that had to be used to successfully submit a report from the web
form and which could only be used once....

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods () acm org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods () planix com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods () weird com>