Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Nike Site taken over

From: joel () SECURIFY COM (Joel de la Garza)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:13:00 -0700

Ex Machina wrote:

From what I've heard, this sounds like a DNS hijacking attack. I'd be
interested to know how common this is...

Bob Sullivan has been doing a series on it at msnbc.com for the past
month or so now.  From what I've seen over the past three years it seems
to be pretty common.  It would be interesting to know if Net Sol keeps
numbers on this sort of thing.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/423820.asp
http://www.msnbc.com/news/414587.asp

<!--So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,-->
<!--   Farewell remorse: all good to me is lost;  -->
<!--          Evil, be thou my good.              -->
<!-- - John Milton                                -->