Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Quova.net

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU (Valdis Kletnieks)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:02:19 -0400

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:44:06 -0000, M J <lurker () ITIS COM>  said:

After a fruitless 20 minute conversation with
their "security" contact, he couldn't understand my point
and he told me that there is no useful information that can
be gathered from a scan (ping, traceroute, etc.) and that
I'm being too paranoid.  He then told me to just deal with

BRRRING!!! BRIIING!! It's the kloo-phone, for Quova and Exodus.

If there's no useful information to be gathered from a scan, why
are they doing it?

Dorks.

(Sorry, it's been a long day. ;)

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>