Security Incidents mailing list archives

.:: 14x :: Omega Statistics ::.

From: nine () 14X NET (Erik Tayler)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:54:39 -0500

14x Network Security is starting a project to find out approximately how many people have been infected with Omega, the
DDoS we discovered. Our associates are working the technical route, but we would also appreciate it if anyone that was
infected, or runs a network that had any of its machines infected, please contact us at nine () 14x net. We know that
getting responses from you will not be as high in count as the machines we find, but any information is needed.

To find if you have Omega, scan your network for UDP port 52901, and check the validity of in.identd processes running.

Thank you

.: Erik Tayler
.: 14x Network Security
.: http://www.14x.net